Why would you buy a log home, or a Lazarus log home in particular?
We are assuming you have not read “about our homes”, or “getting started”, but here are some additional thoughts.
1) Log homes are stronger than a conventional home in almost any natural disaster, the last home standing, not the brick, framed, or block house.
2) Log homes take a lot longer to burn down, giving your local fire department time to put out the fire (if there ever was one, peace of mind).
3) Log homes are super resistant to termites and other insects when the proper stain is applied and the wood is dry (there are reasons we are better here too).
4) Log homes, particularly in the 9” and larger wall log size, are far cooler in the summer, and warmer in the winter, with their absorbent thermal mass.
5) Log homes, especially Lazarus, are fast to build, great looking, and a work of art when done.
6) Log homes are worth more than any other type of home, especially a Lazarus log home, with huge character posts, quality wood flooring, beautiful peeled railing and logs, and just the overall eye candy you get when you are in one, with the high ceilings, and big glass that kicks butt in combination.
7) You did it. You built it, even if you hire it all out, it is yours, you helped design it, get what you want, got a super price on it on awesome quality (now here that is only with Lazarus), and you feel good about your purchase, and the wife (or husband) is a happy camper. Hey, we had to mention that!