The Most Complete & Best Log Materials
We start at the concrete, and include all structural materials, and most trim for a truly complete package
- Sill Seal foam moisture barrier for concrete to treated plate
- Treated sill plate for bearing and log walls under main floor
- 2x6 Douglas Fir basement bearing walls, Handcrafted Massive Character Log posts (if basement)
- Basement architectural grade GluLam beams or massive Log beams, your choice (if basement)
- Complete main floor system, using 12” I-joists, mid series flange, LVL openings, or select D-Fir 2x10s or 2x12s per plan
- Heavy double layer 2x select D-Fir rim
- Premium rough sawn trim for floor band (all exterior trim is included)!
- Copper penny metal rain flashing for floor to log connection
- Weatherproof ¾ T&G subfloor & spacer for flooring below logs, on top of subfloor (extra headroom)
- Final Main T&G flooring, 1x6” wide, 8-16’ hard D-Fir boards. Just sand lightly and clearcoat 4 coats…hard and awesome!
- All wall logs, full Swedish coped, hand hewn finish, notched, and trimmed both ends. Lodgepole, the absolute best logs.
- Full log gable ends (most companies don’t have the exterior wall areas of the loft in log – theirs shrink too much)!
- Full log structural window areas with flat cuts, and walls with full dimension 2” rough sawn window/door bucks.
- Center posts are giant massive character logs, hand drawknife peeled, as well as all interior stair posts- character logs!
- Loft log floor joists are full log, with either interior beams in full log with flats or GluLam beams, per customer choice
- Loft final flooring, wide 2x6 T&G, SPF for beautiful color, and just lightly sand and clearcoat 4 coats…again, wow!
- Interior main and loft ceilings in wide, long 1x8 T&G, Ponderosa and Lodgepole (PPLP), the best color and quality found.
- Interior bearing wall framing included too, in 2x6 select fir, all floors
- Complete rafter systems and beams, usually 12” I-joists, resting on pitch cut top walls logs, and pitch cut ridge log.
- Full huge ridge logs, top/sides cut on 3 angles, top for laminated, hidden beam (2 times the strength of just log ridges).
- Deck materials- log posts, select decking, joists & rim, even rough sawn trim band for against the wall, & on the outside.
- Complete log stair sets, with full log stringers (jacks) and half log treads, with custom log railing
- Complete sets of custom peeled railing, inside and outside the home on the balconies, decks, stairs, etc.
- All roof sheathing, roof fascia trim (wide 1.25” x 13.5” rough sawn), 1x shadow trim, premium soffit (1x8 PPLP T&G)
- All window and door trim, inside and out, against the log walls.
- Customized lag bolt, washer and screw package, deck & floor hangers, roof 2x and LVL hangers, steel rafter straps
- Custom gun and expanding urethane foam (like gorilla glue) for log rows and connections.
- All windows and exterior doors are included, and we include the softer urethane expanding foam for that.
- Windows are double pane thermal LowE coated, almond color, lifetime.
- Exterior doors are insulated steel with primed wood jambs, Prehung hinges and metal sills, optional wood or blinds.
- We send a customized Lumbermaker (chainsaw attachment) for trimming logs, gable ends, and perfect openings.
- We include full custom structural plans, our construction guide, and free tech support for you and/or your builder.
Also, here are other turn key items needed to finish the home NOT INCLUDED:
Excavation, site and concrete work, perimeter wall framing in the basement (if part of the concrete wall is framed, or pony wall if on a frost wall), electrical, mechanical, plumbing, fireplaces, cabinets & countertops, appliances, lighting, plumbing fixtures, interior doors, overhead garage doors, roof insulation, interior partition wall framing (best to pick this up locally, doesn’t make sense to ship to you, costs a few hundred- but we do supply all bearing wall interior framing/structural beams), interior wood trim against the interior walls (we can provide if requested, a few hundred more) sheetrock & painting, sealer for interior and exterior log walls & floors, deck screws and any nails (too many types to choose from), roof felt, final metal/shingle roofing, HVAC, and any labor (see exact bid list for what we include, as we modify it for you). You pay actual cost for shipping, we don’t include shipping to have accurate costs to each customer. We don’t pad our bid and say shipping is free. It never is. Our package is always better quality and cheaper delivered anywhere, even China & Alaska. PLEASE FOLLOW OUR SAMPLE TURN KEY TO HELP!
We have free tech support on our packages. We can help with turn key estimates. Get our free construction guide for builders or homeowners who have never built…the best in the business.
We take you from estimating the log home, to designing around your budget (customize), pricing the package, helping you with shipping on your timeline (sometimes this is a biggie), and helping you and your contractor with the needed support.
We start at the concrete, and supply sill seal, treated plate, bearing walls and beams, posts for the basement, floor joists, and a double solid rim.
On the inside, we provide the final main flooring, windows, interior window and door trim against the log wall, T&G ceiling, stairs, railing, but not the sheetrock or fireplace on the inside, as shown.
On the outside, we include all logs, the doors (if desired), all exterior trim, fascia, soffit, posts, deck, but not the metal or shingle roofing, or the basement concrete or framed walkout exterior wall there, if chosen instead of concrete.
In the loft, we supply the railing, 2 flights of stairs if basement, posts, final flooring, ceiling for the entire loft, logs and windows, balconies, all railing, etc. Again, we don’t include sheetrock or the partition walls that don’t support. This is a very complete kit or package, whatever you want to call it! We will give you a complete customized list of what we provide, and bid that material on all our packages. This is very complete, but does not include the kitchen sink! We want to save you money on what we can, and let you get the goodies you need to finish the home the way you want to.
Most Complete & Itemized Log Home Package Pricing Estimates
On this page you see a sample bid. This bid is very typical of most all our packages. You can see the extent of what we provide. For a description of that material, scroll down this page and read about the items in our package below. We are the most complete material package supplier out there. We want you to have all you need, and a little extra! Many materials have a small amount extra for personal choice.
Simply the most complete, best quality, easiest to build log homes out there!
Our Packages Include (depending on the final plan and materials list customized by you):
* Starting at the concrete, we include everything you need to build this full log home – sill seal, treated lumber plate, double fir heavy rim joists, either dimensional or I joist main floor joist system, depending on size and plan, log or laminated beams throughout, (your choice), weatherproof subfloor, beautiful premium 1×6” T&G hard fir main flooring, double kiln dried (just sand and clear it), all 12-16’ long. 2×6 T&G SPF loft flooring too, over full log floor joists, so you look up at T&G and log joists from the main floor! This is custom hand selected premium flooring with no wane edges, and is the best floor money can buy for a log home, and since we buy hundreds of thousands of feet of it and use it on all our homes, we can sell it for less than $2. a foot, and include it in every package!
* We use massive character posts (big, natural trees) for our king posts in the basement and main floor, up to the roof. We include beautiful peeled and assembled railing for the balcony, stairs and deck. Deck post can be character logs, or accurate turned and then peeled posts, no charge.
* All windows are included. These are bid with full low E glass, dual pane insulated almond colored (can be other colors or types optionally) and from major manufacturers like JeldWen, Cascade, Alpine/Alside (depends on local delivery and warranty).
* All exterior doors are included, with insulated tempered glass, pre-hung, french or sliding double doors, and full or half glass pre-hung single doors (per plan). Options here include internal blinds, woods, iron, etc.
* Porch rafters in natural rough cut exposed beams, with T&G on top (instead of sheathing), resting on full log header beams. Main roof has lighter, strong I-joist wide flange, with typically an 117/8 x 2.5”, mid series for strength. This allows full R-40 when done in ceiling. Ridge log is big, with a hidden laminated beam above in the rafter area for triple the ridge strength for heavy snow loads. Standard. We now include the interior ceiling of the main roof area in T&G PPLP (ponderosa / lodgepole pine), the best looking wood we have seen (same as our exterior sofft).
* We include a special construction adhesive for between each row of logs. This not only strengthens the wall, but also prevents the cope or log from torquing in the wall. This also totally eliminates unsightly chinking and tightens the home. Did we mention we design your home totally free?
* Zinc coated heavy lag bolts for the logs, with USS flat washers along with special hardened torx head log screws for tight areas, stairs and starter logs. This helps make our walls the strongest log wall on the market.
* Log deck posts for the deck structure, outer double joists and trim band, joists for the deck, metal joist hangers, final select fir decking lumber, all 16’ long and beautiful. Everything you see in the pics, less concrete/roofing.
* Roof sheathing is included, as is 1×8” T&G soffit, and custom 1.5×14” sawn wood fascia and 1×4 shadow board, both rough cut to trim out the roofline. Add your own metal or 3d shingle, as we don’t purchase final roofing (too many personal colors and choices, and we can only save you money if you are in Canada (shipping and import savings), as Montana does not produce roofing.
* Window and door trim in custom 1.5×5.5” rough sawn, and all exterior trim is included. We also include colored metal flashing for the floor to log joint. We include all blocking needed.
The only thing that is not standard, and needed to finish the whole structure, (while sometimes we include if requested) is: interior trim boards & interior partition walls!! (interior bearing walls are included) On a 2000’ home this adds around 1500 bucks. Our framing is all select, so you use each piece, not having to waste anything or look for good boards. Trim would be typically rough sawn face, with planed wood for sills, and could be routered or orbital sanded lightly to taste if needed, depending on final finish desired. Leave natural for rustic. We can include this if desired, as many of our customers do. Remember, every bid is custom to your final plan and the home you have modified or left as is. The normal things we reduce in quantity or remove easily from our bids are windows, doors (sometimes family members sell their own products to you, etc.), and final flooring on the main floor (for tile or rock areas). Some customers have us add in basement rock and the hand-hewn timber siding (shown on some models), at about $2. per square foot of wall! Some have us do our full profile log siding (looks like our logs) for current garages or buildings to help match up existing structures to your new log home!
Options might include extending your covered porch to both sides (like on this smaller cabin), or character posts on the deck (same price option).
Spiral stairsets cost the same in the package, just take longer to build, about 30 hours more.
Add a shed dormer (shown) or a gable dormer (like an A frame, similar to dormers on the Columbia Lodge roof), price depends on size of dormer.
The portico (like a grand entry carport) is a nice, jaw dropper entry, big bang for the buck. Any home can be on any type foundation, any home can have just about any option, basically tell us what you like, or have us suggest some options, based on your budget or need, or the site challenges.